Our web site, www.moulindebeny.com, is updated regularly.
Bookings/enquiries can be made by email or telephone.
We are always pleased to discuss your own requirements in full at the enquiry/booking stage.
Moulin de Bény falls under the municipality of Valcivières, in the region of Auvergne (Puy de Dôme), in the district of Ambert.
Area code 63441.
Zip code 63600.
Latitude: 45.5938478° North.
Longitude: 3.8001461° East.
Moulin de Beny is situated on the D106 just outside the village of Valcivières (0.2km east). 11km North of Ambert and 35 km South-East of Thiers
Directions from Clermont-Ferrand Airport to Moulin de Beny can be found via google maps here
The TGV direct train to Lyon from St,Pancras (kings Cross London) takes approx. 5,5Hrs
The nearest tourist railway station is at Ambert (11km) includes Bike and Rail in the high season only
If travelling from uk by air:- Flights from Stanstead (London STN) directly to Clermont-Ferrand (CFE) take only 1hr 45min, and cost from as little as £12.74 via Ryanair more details here
If travelling from uk by car:- Ferries from Hull t0 Zeebrugge, (overnight) or Dover – Calais or use The Shuttle train Felixstowe to Calais (35mins) then 6 to 7Hr drive on smooth uncongested roads with great service stations.
Shops / supermarkets / petrol filling stations / post office / schools / museum / hospital / cafes and restaurants, can all be found at Ambert.
We can provide information about places to visit, local walks, restaurants etc.
Telephone and Internet
Mobile phone reception can depend on your network.
A landline telephone is located within the owners accommodation and could be used by prior arrangement (additional charges will apply).
Peter Todd or Maggi Frazer-Kelly
Moulin de Bény,
Telephone : +44-7590296776
Website : www.moulindebeny.com
Arrival, entrance and car parking facilities
- Final travel directions are sent to you on booking confirmation.
- You will normally be met by Peter or Maggie on arrival.
- Car parking for 3 cars is available outside the Chalet and watermill , on a flat compacted hardcore surface.
- Car parking for the cabin from its own dedicated driveway on to flat compacted hardcore surface.
- Assistance with your luggage can be given on your arrival, we are usually available, please ask.
- The entrance has double patio doors..
- Gentle slope from private parking space approximately 10 meters from the chalet door. Stairs up to first floor balcony.
- Open plan, living / dining /Modern well equipped kitchen area with adjoining bedroom with two single beds.
- Comfortable lounge seating for 4 people.
- Dinning table with 4 chairs extra chair available if dinning with friends can be made available on request.
- Pine wooden floors throughout the main area, a second bedroom has an oak floor.
- Bedroom 1 Steps down into room with two single beds with bedside table and table light. (Views to the front and valley below)
- Bedroom 2. Small step down into room with one double bed. Headboard up cycled painted. Mahogany French amour wardrobe with mirror door Dressing table up cycled painted with Mahogany mirror above.(Views to the side garden stream and woodland)
- Hallway viewing to Water wheel
- Bathroom: . Walk-in shower at one end and Large modern wash basin with mixer tap. Mirrored bathroom cabinet, Toilet with Push button flush Water tank.
- Drive to the cabin on dedicated compacted gravel surface leading on to wooden decking area fronting the cabin.
- Main entrance patio doors from the decking lead to Pine timber floors throughout.
- Lounge area with 2 seater sofa, Table and two chairs ( Radio/CD playing) Electric Log burner effect fire heater .
Outside bistro table with 4 chairs. 2 upcycled vintage deck chairs and cushions.
- Kitchen modern fully fitted well equipped kitchen with Hob, Fridge and Microwave, Kettle, Mains running water to sink unit.
- Bedroom:- Alpine style built in two single beds with storage area below .
- Washer and tumble dryer available in the main building ( service charge Washer 2.5 euros Dryer 1.5 euros ) Outside drying area also available.
- Access to the lake straight off the decking down stone steps into the water.
- Full use of the gardens and woodlands, this is a natural mountain environment and therefore mixed terrain with natural grass paths, small walkways over various streams that feed the water wheel and lake. Deciduous & coniferous woodland walks are open to you, however, some are quite steeply sloped.
- Water wheel viewing is open at all times, please feel free to talk to Peter about the generation of green power, his background is in sustainable green energy production and utilisation.(the wheel is gated for your protection)
Outside & Gardens
To access other parts of the garden there are a number paths, some very narrow and steep. There are also some rock faces and drops. The property is approximately 2.66 acres in all with mixed terrain, from level areas to steep slopes, including woodland, and gardens.
Large decking area with access to the lake Sun lounger if required and great picnic area
We rigorously enforce a no-smoking ban within the buildings, (e cigarettes are allowed) however smoking is permitted within the gardens. Please dispose responsibly of all litter.